Thursday, September 13, 2007

Vlog Assignment

After being sufficiently frustrated searching for just the right vlog for this assignment, I stumbled upon the perfect site for me. All I have to say is - YEEHAW! This website is Daryl Hannah's (star in such films as Splash, Roxanne, Steel Magnolias, Kill Bill, etc) chance to share her other passion in life - the environment. Her website, www.dhlovelife.com, complete with blogs and weekly vlogs, explores a greener way of living. I am a true environmentalist at heart and so I LOVE that with the click of a button, I can learn about what's currently happening all over the world as well as get a sneak peak at places I otherwise wouldn't have an opportunity to see. I continue to be educated about issues that are important to me such as global warming, organic foods, GMOs, biodiesel, etc. Clearly, this vlog is designed for people like me - environmentally-conscious individuals who want to make a difference in their lifetime. However, I also think that this vlog is for anyone who wants to learn a little bit more about green living. It's designed to be unobtrusive, educational, and above all, inspirational! In the particular clip that I watched called "Bike Culture," Daryl interviewed real people - bikers - who are on the roads everyday. They shared their experiences and what they love about bikes and biking. She also exposed the phenomenon "Critical Mass," advocating their plight and encouraging viewers to join. Using music as well as jumbled clips that range from interviews to Daryl riding her own bike to shots of the city, Daryl captures her audience's attention, never leaving them to be bored watching a single shot. Of course, her celebrity status allows her to employ devices that I novice might not be able to, BUT her vlogs somehow seem to remain simple. I was completely impressed.

Please click forward to the 6th episode if you'd like to view "Bike Culture" - otherwise, watch them all! :)

2 comments:

Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genevieve said...

Blog Comment Attempt #2 (I botched the first one):

Sorry it took so long to comment on this, Miss A, but bloglines refuses to show me the feed to your blog, which makes it difficult to find (why is "lifeacoustic" so hard for me to remember? I mean, it's not like I'm in graduate school or anything...). At any rate, I'm so very happy that you were able to locate a vlog that you could get excited about! Seems like D.H. is a woman after your own heart: beautiful, famous, passionate about the environment, AND technologically savvy? What's not to love? She's come a long way from wearing a fish suit and splashing around in a bathtub with Tom Hanks...

You and I will have to talk about how the hell you're posting your videos, because I only seem to be able to do it through YouTube, and that's just not cutting it for me.

Nice work, blog partner.